A few photos from Peacock Horticultural Nursery after the drizzle.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Calycanthus x ‘Venus'(Sweetshrub) blooming @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery. Calycanthus x ‘Venus’ is a deciduous shrub to 6 – 10′, with 4″ ivory, fragrant flowers in early summer. I have a very limited number of plants available for sale of Venus, as well as, a few C. x r. ‘Hartlage Wine’.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
A few more plants arrived this morning @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery:
- Adiantum x tracyi (Maidenhair Fern) – a cross between A. aleuticum and A. jordanii. And evergreen fern to 20″ with black stems and green leaves.
- Asplenium trichomanes ‘Cristatum” (Crested Maidenhair Spleenwort) – small fern, to 12″ with black stems and green leaves with crested ends.
- Athyrium niponicum ‘Apple Court’ (Crested Japanese Painted Fern) – leaves are marked with purple, silver and green, and the ends are crested, to 1′ tall and 1-2′ wide.
- Campanula punctate ‘Pink Octopus’ (Bellflower) – a spreading perennial with octopus-like pendulous pink flowers.
- Polypodium scouleri (Leather-leaf Fern) – a slowly spreading evergreen fern native to the west coast, to 8 -10″. Very hardy and drought tolerant, but looks better and spreads faster with watering.
Finally have some of the many exciting new Mangaves and a new Manfreda available @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery.
- Manfreda undulate ‘Mint Chocolate Chip’ – Like one of my favorite plants – Manfreda ‘Chocolate Chips’, Mint Chocolate Chip has wider wavy leaves, darker spotting and the leaves are even more silver-blue.
- Mangave ‘Inkblot’ – Another Agave and Manfreda cross to 6 – 8″ tall and 18 – 22″ wide, with dark spotting on leaves.
- Mangave ‘Moon Glow’ – Another cross, this one between Mangave ‘Bloodspot’ and Manfreda ‘Chocolate Chips’, to 6″ tall and 2′ wide, with dark spotting.
More new plants arriving today @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery
- Adenanthos cuneatus ‘Coral Drift’ – Flame Bush – Shrub with wedge-shaped foliage to 2 – 4′ tall and 3 – 5′ wide. New growth is bright pink. Hardy to 15 -20 F
- Adiantum capillus-veneris ‘Banksianum’ – Maidenhair Fern – Small , to about 18″, evergreen fern with black stems and small green leaves. Hardy to 20 F
- Agapanthus ‘Twister’ – Lily of the Nile – Flowers, to 4′ high, are white with violet-blue at the base of each flower.
- Agave celsii var. albicans ‘UCB’ – A clumping Agave to 2′. Hardy to about 18 F.
- Aloe cheranganiensis – Cherangani Hills Aloe – To 3-4′ with orange-red flowers in fall/winter. Hardy to 25 F.
- Arctostaphylos densiflora ‘Howard McMinn’ – Manzanita – Native CA shrub to 6 – 10′ tall and wide with dark red bark and white/pink flowers.
- Beschorneria yuccoides – Amole – a hardy Agave relative, forming a clump to about 3′, with tall red flower stalks in summer covered with green flowers with red bracts.
- Cryptbergia ‘Red Burst’ – Clumping Bromeliad with bronzy-red leaves to about 1 foot. Hardy to about 26 F.
- Eremophila glabra ‘Grey Horizon’ – Groundcover shrub to 1′ tall and 4-6′ wide. Attractive grey foliage, low water needs and hardy to about 20 F.
- Euphorbia caput-medusa – Medusa’s Head – Succulent to 1′ tall and 3′ spread. Hardy to about 23 F.
- Euphorbia resinifera – Moroccan Mound– Succulent to 1-2′ tall by up to 6′ wide. Full sun in coastal locations and afternoon shade inland. Hardy to about 20 F.
- Gasteraloe ‘Midnight’ – A succulent cross of and an Aloe and a Gasteria resulting in a plant with dark purple mature leaves to about 1′. Hardy to about 25 F.
- Graptosedum ‘Vera Higgins’ – Succulent with bronze foliage to <1′ tall. Full Sun on coast to part sun inland. Great trailing over edge of a bed or pot. Hardy to 25 F or perhaps lower.
- Leucospermum ‘Brandi Dela Cruz’ – Brandi Sky-Rocket Pincushion – To 4 – 7′ tall, with orange flowers. Hardy to about 25 F.
- Melaleuca incana ‘Prostrate Form’ – Prostrate Gray Honey-myrtle – Gray soft foliage to 1-2′ high and trailing down 4 – 6′. Hardy to about 20 F.
- Oscularia caulescens – Succulent groundcover to <1′ tall and 2-3′ wide with pink flowers. Hardy to 15 – 20 F.
- Salvia microphylla ‘Berzerkeley’ – to 24″ tall and 3′ wide with pink flowers.
- Senecio jacobsenii – Trailing Jade – Succulent trailing to as much as 4′ with orange flowers. Hardy to at least 20 F.
- Tanacetum haradjanii – Silver Tansy – gray foliage plant <1 tall and 2′ wide with yellow flowers.
- Vriecantarea ‘Julietta’ – a large Bromeliad cross (Alcantarea x Vriesea) to 3′ and 4′ wide with purple and green leaves. Hardy to 30 F
- Yucca rostrata ‘Blue Velvet’ – Big Bend Yucca – Slow growing yucca to 12 – 15′ tall and 4′ wide. Blue-gray foliage and hardy to 0 F.
New plants arriving today @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery:
- Adenanthos sericeus (Coast Wollybush) – Shrub or small tree (6 – 10′ tall) with soft gray needle-like foliage. Hardy to 20 – 25 F. Tip damage may occur below 24 F. For full sun on the coast to part shade inland.
- Agave ‘Blue Glow’ – Hardy Agave to 1-2′ tall x 2-3′ wide with blue leaves edged in red and yellow.
- Brahea edulis (Guadalupe Palm) – Hardy fan palm to 20+ feet tall for full sun. Slow growing.
- Chamaedorea microspadix (Hardy Bamboo Palm) – a suckering palm for shade. 8′ tall or less. Hardy to about 23 F.
- Chamaerops humilis cerifera (Blue Mediterranean Fan Palm) – Suckering (multi-trunked) palm . 8-10′ tall, for full sun. Very hardy to 5 – 10 F.
- Cordyline ‘Design a line Burgundy’ – Clump forming Cordyline with burgundy weeping foliage to 3′.
- Dicksonia Antarctica (Tasmanian Tree Fern) – Hardy tree fern to about 15′ and 6-10 wide. Hardy and evergreen to the low 20 F, but will resprout at 19 F.
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Ebony’ – Succulent with dark “black” edges in full sun.
- Lampranthus deltoids (syn Oscularia deltoids) – Pink Iceplant – Hardy succulent groundcover for full sun. Blue-green foliage, dark pink stems and pink flowers.
- Leucadendron Ebony – 3-4′ tall shrub with dark foliage and burgundy flowers.
- Leucospermum ‘Tango’ – (L. glabrum x L. lineare) – Drought tolerant shrub with amazing orange-red flowers. Grows to 6 – 8′ and 4 – 6′ wide.
- Nolina nelson (Blue Nolina) – Both a very drought tolerant and very hardy shrub to 4 – 8′ tall.
- Trachycarpus takil – Takil Palm – Fan palm up to 40′, but very slowly. Very hardy to 15 F, for full sun to part sun.
- Yucca ‘Bright Star’ – Finally have some 4″ of this variegated yellow and green Yucca. 1-2′ tall for full sun.
Deal of the day @Peacock Horticultural Nursery – 15 gallon Venus Dogwood. Cornus (nuttalli x kousa) ‘Venus’. Needs a good home. This variety has huge white flowers!
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Blooming Bromeliads at Peacock Horticultural Nursery.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Lots of blooms on my morning walk thru Peacock Horticultural Nursery.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Sarracenias (Pitcher Plants) are in bloom at Peacock Horticultural Nursery and a few other photos from this evening:FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER