A few photos from the nursery today:FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
We brought these deciduous trees into the nursery late last fall when they were just going dormant for the winter. They are just starting to leaf out for this season so we have put them out in the nursery for sale. Limited numbers available of the following in one or two gallon pots:
- Acer japonicum ‘Ed Woods II’ – Japanese Maple- Medium sized tree to 15 – 20’+ with very large leaves – up to 10″ across. Very nice fall colors.
- Aesculus hippocastanum ‘Memmingeri’ – European Horsechestnut to 40’+ with white flowers in spring. Leaves are white when they first appear in spring.
- Aesculus hippocastanum ‘Marble Chip’ – Japanese Horsechestnut Tree – Leaves are pink in green when the emerge in spring and then large green and white variegated leaves.
- Disanthus cercidifolius ‘Ena Nishiki’ – Shrub to 6’+ with green heart shaped leaves edged in creamy white. Prefers bright shade. Very nice fall color.
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Bicolor Sartini’ – Beech tree to 40′ tall with variegated foliage.
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Franken’ – Very slow growing Beech with heavily variegated leaves of white and green. Best in part shade as to avoid burning the foliage in full sun.
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Nicole’ – Variegated dwarf beech tree for part shade.
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Rohan Red Weeping’ – A weeping Beech tree to 6 – 8′ with red leaves.
- Ginkgo biloba ‘Kohout Pendula’ – Dwarf weeping Maidenhair Tree to 5′ (?). Yellow fall color.
- Quercus robur ‘Filicifolia’ – Cutleaf English Oak – Tree to 15 – 20′ (?) for full sun.
- Quercus robur ‘Furst Schwarzenburg’ – Variegated English Oak – Tree to 20 -25′ with a second flush of growth in summer with variegated green and white foliage.
- Quercus robur ‘Irtha’ – Oak tree to 20′ with clumps of oddly shaped green leaves.
- Quercus robur ‘Strypemonde’ -Oak tree to 25′ with oddly shaped leaved with cream to white variegation.
- Quercus x warei ‘Chimney Fire’ – Columnar Oak Tree to 30 to 40′ tall and only 8 – 10′ wide with very nice fall color.
- Styrax japonicus ‘Evening Light’ – Japanese Snowball Tree – Small tree to 6′ with purple foliage and white fragrant flowers on maroon stems.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER