A few plants arriving today at Peacock Horticultural Nursery just in time for Fall planting. Several drought tolerant selections in this delivery.
- Agapetes ‘Ludgvans Cross’
- Agave ‘Mateo’ – A cross between Agave bractoesa and possibly Agave lophantha.
- Berberis thunbergii ‘Helmond Pillar’ – Barberry – A columnar form with purple-red leaves.
- Berberis thunbergii ‘Orange Rocket’
- Caesalpinia gilliesii – Desert Bird of Paradise – Drought tolerant shrub.
- Calliandra eriophylla – Pink Fairy Duster – Another drought tolerant shrub.
- Calliandra x ‘Sierra Starr’ – Fairy Duster – A hardy, drought tolerant shrub.
- Choisya ‘Gold Fingers’ – Mexican Orange – Narrow, Pale yellow new growth.
- Deutzia ‘Magicien’
- Eremophila hygrophana – Blue Emu Bush, Blue Bells – A 3′ x 3′ drought tolerant shrub, with silvery foliage and purple flowers.
- Eremophila glabra ‘Mingenew Gold’ – Hardy, drought tolerant, groundcover (1′ tall x 6 – 10′ wide), with yellow flowers.
- Eremophila maculate ‘Valentine’ – Hardy, drought tolerant 4′ x 4′ shrub with red flowers.
- Leucospermum cordifolium ‘Yellow Bird’ – Nodding Pincushion –
- Osmanthus heterophyllus ‘Goshiki’ – Drought tolerant (but will appreciate some summer water), evergreen shrub with variegated foliage. Grows in full sun to deep shade.
Calliandra x ‘Sierra Starr’
Osmanthus h. ‘Goshiki’
These are some of the plants that are currently in bloom at Peacock Horticultural Nursery –
- Arisaema franchetianum ‘Hugo’ – Hugo Cobra Lily with purple and white flowers.
- Brovoa geminiflora(syn. Polianthes geminiflora) – Tuberous plant with tubular orange-red flowers.
- Campanula garganica ‘Dickson’s Gold’
- Campanula persicifolia ‘Blue-Eyed Blond’– A Bellflower with yellow foliage and deep-blue blooms.
- Campanula ‘Pink Octopus’ –A Bellflower with unusual pink octopus-like flowers.
- Campanula takesimana– A Korean Bellfower with many pendant flowers of white/lilac.
- Caryopteris x clandonensis ‘Worchester Gold’ – Bluebeard shrub with yellow foliage and blue flowers.
- Cornus capitata x kousa ‘Porlock’ – A beautiful Hybrid Dogwood Tree with white flowers that turn red with age, and cherry-red fruits in fall.
- Crinodendron hookerianum– A shrub originally from Chile with red lantern-like flowers
- Crinodendron patagua – A shrub originally from Chile with fragrant, white flowers.
- Cynara cardunculus– See the Cardoon plants blooming in the garden and purchase your own 4″ plant for bloom next year.
- Dahlia ‘Kingston Queen’ – One of many Dahlias available with dark foliage – this one with single orange flowers.
- Dyckia x ‘Red Devil’– A Dyckia with rusty-red leaves and orange flowers.
- Eucomis autumnalis (Purple leaf form) – A pineapple Lily with purple-green leaves and many white flowers
- Eucomis comosa ‘Tugela Jade’ – A Pineapple Lily with many chartreuse buds that open white.
- Eucomis comosa ‘Tugela Ruby’– A Pineapple Lily with green leaves flushed with purple, and maroon flower spikes with white flowers that have a purple center.
- Eucomis ‘Oakhurst’– A Pineapple Lily with red-purple leaves and purple flowers. Very nice!
- Eucomis ‘Sparkling Burgundy’ – A pineapple Lily with purple foliage and white-purple flowers.
- Fuchsia ‘Rose Quartet’ – A compact fuchsia with unusual pink and white flowers.
- Hemerocallis ‘Flasher’ – Daylily with bright orange flowers.
- Hemerocallis ‘Unique Purple’ – Daylily with purple flowers.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Glowing Embers’– Mop-head Hydrangea with red flowers.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Lemon Zest’– Mop-head Hydrangea with Yellow foliage and pink flowers.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Mariesii’– Lace-cap Hydrangea with pink to blue flowers.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Nigra’– Mop-head Hydrangea with pink to blue flowers and black stems.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Quadricolor’– Lace-cap type Hydrangea with four distinct colors in the leaves – pale green, cream, deep green, and yellow.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Selma’– A compact Mop-head Hydrangea with pink to blue flowers.
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Shelia’– Lace-cap Hydrangea with pink flowers.
- Hydrangea paniculata ‘Floribunda’– PeeGee Hydrangea with white flowers.
- Hydrangea quercifolia– Oakleaf Hydrangea with big oak-shaped leaves, white flowers and great fall color.
- Hydrangea ‘Sumida-no-hanabi’– A beautiful Hydrangea with double white flowers.
- Nicandra physalodes ‘Splash of Cream’ – An annual plant with light blue to lavender flowers and interesting seed pods, and variegated leaves and some of the plants.
- Origanum ‘Kent Beauty’ – An ornamental oregano with pink and chartreuse bracts (flowers).
- Oxalis deppei ‘Iron Cross’ – Dark purple cross in the middle of each bright green clover leaf, with pink flowers. Non-Invasive.
- Oxalis siliquosa ‘Sunset Velvet’– Another non-invasive Oxalis that has leaves that are gold, pink, coppery yellow to chartreuse, with yellow flowers.
- Parahebe perfoliata– Digger’s Speedwell has glaucous, blue foliage that is similar to some Eucalyptus. Laverder-blue flowers.
- Scadoxus multiflorus spp. katherinae – A South African bulbous plant with an amazing orange bloom every July.
- Schizophragma hydrangeoides ‘Roseum’ – A Hydrangea Vine with fragrant pink flowers
- Sinningia tubiflora– Hardy white Gloxinia.
- Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold’ – A Spider Wort with golden foliage and blue flowers.
- Triteleia laxa ‘Koningin Fabiola’ – Bulbous plant with purple-blue flowers.
- Yucca filamentosa ‘Bright Edge’ – Yucca to 2′ , green leaves edged in gold, and cream flowers
- Yucca filamentosa ‘Color Gaurd’ – Yucca to 2′ with yellow centered leaves, pink and coral in winter, and cream flowers.
- Yucca filamentosa ‘Garland’s Gold’ – Yucca to 3′ with gold centered leaves, blushing pink in winter, and cream flowers.
- Zantedeschia ‘Edge of Night’ – Calla Lily with black-purple flowers and green foliage edged in black-purple and dark stems too! Beautiful!
- Zantedeschia ‘Gene’s Giant’ – A giant calla lily up to 5′ tall with white flowers.
- Zantedeschia ‘Hercules’ – Large Calla Lily to 3′ with white flowers.
Arisaema f. 'Hugo'
Campanula 'Blue Eyed Blond'
Caryopteris 'Worchester Gold'
Cynara cardunculus (Cardoon)
Dahlia 'Kingston Queen'
H. 'Flasher' & 'Unique Purple'
Scadoxus multiflorus spp katherinae
Triteleia laxa 'Koningin Fabiola'
Zantedeschia 'Edge of Night'