A few photos from Peacock Horticultural Nursery this morning.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
New plants arriving today @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery:
- Adenanthos sericeus (Coast Wollybush) – Shrub or small tree (6 – 10′ tall) with soft gray needle-like foliage. Hardy to 20 – 25 F. Tip damage may occur below 24 F. For full sun on the coast to part shade inland.
- Agave ‘Blue Glow’ – Hardy Agave to 1-2′ tall x 2-3′ wide with blue leaves edged in red and yellow.
- Brahea edulis (Guadalupe Palm) – Hardy fan palm to 20+ feet tall for full sun. Slow growing.
- Chamaedorea microspadix (Hardy Bamboo Palm) – a suckering palm for shade. 8′ tall or less. Hardy to about 23 F.
- Chamaerops humilis cerifera (Blue Mediterranean Fan Palm) – Suckering (multi-trunked) palm . 8-10′ tall, for full sun. Very hardy to 5 – 10 F.
- Cordyline ‘Design a line Burgundy’ – Clump forming Cordyline with burgundy weeping foliage to 3′.
- Dicksonia Antarctica (Tasmanian Tree Fern) – Hardy tree fern to about 15′ and 6-10 wide. Hardy and evergreen to the low 20 F, but will resprout at 19 F.
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Ebony’ – Succulent with dark “black” edges in full sun.
- Lampranthus deltoids (syn Oscularia deltoids) – Pink Iceplant – Hardy succulent groundcover for full sun. Blue-green foliage, dark pink stems and pink flowers.
- Leucadendron Ebony – 3-4′ tall shrub with dark foliage and burgundy flowers.
- Leucospermum ‘Tango’ – (L. glabrum x L. lineare) – Drought tolerant shrub with amazing orange-red flowers. Grows to 6 – 8′ and 4 – 6′ wide.
- Nolina nelson (Blue Nolina) – Both a very drought tolerant and very hardy shrub to 4 – 8′ tall.
- Trachycarpus takil – Takil Palm – Fan palm up to 40′, but very slowly. Very hardy to 15 F, for full sun to part sun.
- Yucca ‘Bright Star’ – Finally have some 4″ of this variegated yellow and green Yucca. 1-2′ tall for full sun.
A few photos between rain storms from Peacock Horticultural Nursery.FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
A few more new plants arriving this afternoon @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery:
- Acacia redolens ‘Low Boy’
- Astelia ‘Silver Shadow’
- Banksia s. ‘Schnapper Point’
- Brahea armata – Blue Fan Palm- 15 gallon pots
- Correa ‘Wyns Wonder’
- Cotinus c. ‘Golden Spirit’
- Deutzia ‘Magicien’
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Ebony’
- Fatsia j. ‘Spider Web’
- Ribes s. ‘King Edward VII’
- Ribes s. ‘White Icicle’
- Yucca elephantipes ‘Variegata’
- Yucca pallida
New plants today include:
- Agave pumila
- Agave striata ‘East of Ramos’
- Bulbine natalensis
- Cordyline ‘Jive’
- Deuterocohnia lorentziana – Bromeliad
- Echeveria prolifica
- Eucomis c. ‘Sparkling Burgundy’
- Veltheimia bracteata ‘Comet Yellow’
In addition, these plants were brought up from the back and our now available in one gallon pots, including:
- Acer p. ‘Mikawa yatsubusa’
- Acer p. ‘Olsen’s Frosted Strawberry’
- Acer p. ‘Purple Ghost’
- Acer pseudoplatanus ‘Esk Sunset’ – Maple
- Cornus kousa ‘Summer Fun’ – Variegated Dogwood
- Davidia i. ‘Aya nishiki’ – Variegated Dove Tree
- Davidia I. ‘Lady Sunshine’ – Variegated Dove Tree
- Gingko b. ‘Mariken’
- Juniperus horizontalis ‘ Golden Wiltonii’
- Taxus baccata ‘Watnong Gold’
Peacock Horticultural Nursery is taking advantage of the sunshine and we are open today and this weekend – Feb 10 thur Feb 12, 10am till 4pm. Sorry! Parking lot is draining with all the rain we have had this year, so you may need to park out in front of the nursery.
Plants in photo above include: Agave ‘Snow Glow’, Echeveria ‘Latte Rose’, Echeveria c. ‘Mexican Giant’ (little baby), and Echeveria agavoides ‘Lipstick’FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Are is a list of the new plants that just arrived @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery this evening:
- Acacia redolens ‘Low Boy’ – Prostrate Acacia – Great large scale groundcover for tough places. 1 -2′ tall and 10 to 15′ wide. Very hardy 10 – 15 F and low water needs.
- Agave striata forma purpurea – Maguey Espadín – A very hardy clustering Agave. 1 to 2′ tall, forming clumps to 3 to 5 feet wide. Leaves will flush purple in full sun. Very low water needs.
- Agave parrasana ‘Fireball’ – Just rec’d a few more of this great variegated Cabbage head Agave. Solitary plants to 2′ x 2′ with Blue-gray leaves variegated with cream margins. Requires Full sun and very low water needs. Hardy to 15 F.
- Agave vilmoriniana ‘Stained Glass’ – Variegated Octopus Agave – to 4′ foot unarmed green leaves with creamy yellow margins.
- Aloe brevifolia – A groundcover rosette-forming Aloe with white spines along the margins. To about 1′. Hardy to about 20 F.
- Aloe lineata var. muirii – A clustering Aloe with yellow green leaves with red lines and red teeth. Hardy to about 20 F. Low water needs.
- Aloe marlothii – Mountain Aloe – Large solitary Aloe to 8 – 10′. Hardy to about 20 F. Low water needs.
- Aloe x nobilis – Golden toothed Aloe – A rosette forming Aloe to 2′ with golden toothed leaves. Hardy to about 20 F and low water needs.
- Aloe reitzii – Solitary Aloe to about 3′ with red flowers in summer.
- Aloe rubroviolacea – Arabian Aloe – Forming clumps to 3′ tall and 6′ wide with pink toned leaves. Red flowers in late fall. Needs perfect drainage. Hardy to about 20 F and low water needs.
- Aloe striatula ‘Burly’- Described a “bomb proof” Aloe. Very hardy and tolerates wet winters also. Yellow flowers on a 6′ x 6′ succulent shrub. Hardy to 15 F and low water needs.
- Aloe wickensii – Geelaalwyn – Solitary Aloe to 2-3′ with bi-colored flowers of red and yellow in late winter.
- Beschorneria albiflora – Trunking Beschorneria – Agave relative to 2-3′ with inflorescence to 6′. White flowers quickly taking on pink tone. Hardy to 15 – 20 F. Medium water needs.
- Dasylirion longissimum – Mexican Tree – to 6 – 10′. Hardy to leass than 15 F and low water needs.Grass
- Dichondra sericea – Silver Ponysfoot – Groundcover 1-2″ tall and spreading. Great for hanging over the edge of a pot. Hardy to 10 F and medium water needs.
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Prolifera’ – 12″ wide with pink to red tinge near the ends of the leaves, and darker red terminal leaf ends. Hardy to 15 F
- Echeveria Latte Rose’ – (E. agavoides x lilacina) Brown Ghost plant – 8- 10″ wides with leaves the color of coffee with cream, with a slight pink tone. Hardy to 15 F and low water needs.
A few new plants just arrived @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery:
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Morgan’
- Echeveria ‘Black Knight’
- Hesperaloe p. ‘Desert Flamenco’ – New selection with grey-green foliage and pinkish-orange flowers. Great for hot full sun spot in your garden.
- Opuntia cacanapa ‘Ellisiana’ – Nearly spineless form of Prickly Pear Cactus with yellow flowers and red fruits.
- Physocarpus o. ‘Center Glow’ – A ninebark with great spring foliage – center of leaf emerges golden-yellow edged in red, and then the whole leaf fades to burgundy by summer. White flowers and red seed heads follow and then you have the peeling bark in winter. Four seasons of interest.
- Polypodium scouleri – Leathery Polypodium – Small west coast native fern that is both drought tolerant and very hardy. 8-10″ fronds are slowly spreading. Great for a wall planting.
New plants this week @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery in Sebastopol, CA include:
- Acacia iteaphylla – Willow Wattle – Small tree to 10 – 13′ with low water needs. Yellow flowers in Spring and hardy to 20 F.
- Acacia redolens ‘Low Boy’ – Prostate Acacia – Low growing shrub (1-2′ high x 10 – 15 wide) with low water needs. Small vanilla scented yellow flowers in Spring. Hardy to 10 – 15 F
- Agave bracteosa ‘Monterey Frost’ – Frosted Candelabrum Agave – A variegated form with white margins to 1′ high x 1.5′ wide. Plant in part sun and protect when temps. drop below 20 F.
- Agave ‘Filigree’ – Filigree Sierra Mixteca Agave – A small agave (1-2′ high x 2-3′ wide) with gray white leaf margins. Hardy to 20 F, or possibly lower. Low water needs. Possibly a hybrid of A. titanota?
- Agave gentryi ‘Jaws’ – A very hardy Agave to about 4′ high and 6′ wide. Plant in full Sun at the coast to part sun inland. Hardy to 5 F.
- Agave ‘Parracolorata’ – A cross of A. parrasana x A. colorata with 2′ tall silvery-gray leaves with nice leaf imprints. Very low water needs and hardy to possibly 15 F.
- Asclepias speciosa – Showy Milkweed – Plant this 3′ and spreading native for your monarch butterflies and hummingbirds. Very hardy and drought tolerant.
- Combretum fruticosum – Orange Flame Vine – A vine to 12 – 20′ with support. Flowers from summer to fall with yellow toothbrush-like flowers, turning orange with age. Hardy and evergreen to 26 F, but can tolerate temps down to 20 F or lower with some damage.
- Dichondra sericea – Silverleaf Ponysfoot – Groundcover with silver gray leaves. Hardy to 10 F. Great for hanging over the edge of a pot!
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Lipstick’ – A succulent to 6″ high and 8 – 12″ wide. Green leaves with red edges. Hardy to 15 – 20 F.
- Echium wildpretii – Tower of Jewels – Biennial with silver gray leaves blooming the second season to 5 – 6′ with dark pink flowers. Hardy to 20 – 25 F.
- Grevillea ‘Peaches and Cream’ – A shrub to 4 – 6′ tall and wide with multicolored flowers in shades of yellow, pink and orange. Hardy to about 23 F.
- Leucospermum ‘Brandi Dela Cruz’ – Brandi Sky-rocket Pincushion – Shrub to 7′ with bright orange pincushion flowers. Plant in full sun with drained soil and mulch heavily. These plants prefer an acidic soil. Fertilize with a slow release fertilizer very low in phosphorus , but also containing trace elements.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
A few new plants available @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery today:
- Agave utahensis v. eborispina
- Aquilegia ‘Woodside Goldspot’
- Begonia b. ‘Million Kisses Honeymoon’
- Cordyline australis ‘Red Star’ –
- Cordyline ‘Cha Cha’ –
- Cordyline ‘Electric Pink’
- Echeveria agaviodes ‘Lipstick’ –
- Elegia fistulosa –
- Leucadendron laxum –
- Lomandra longifolia ‘Breeze’ –
- Mangave ‘Macho Macha’ –
- Parthenocissus henryana –
- Pittosporum ‘Ebony Giant’