Happy New Year. Here are a few photos of available plants in the nursery this afternoon:FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
More new plants arriving Friday at Peacock Horticultural Nursery including:
- Asplenium x ebenoides (4″ pots) Dragontail Fern – (A. platyneuron x A. rhizophyllum) – An evergreen fern to 4 – 12″ with variable fronds with assorted shaped and sized lobes. For part shade and very hardy.
- Athyrium felix-femina ‘Frizelliae’ (4″ pots) Tatting Fern – Deciduous fern to about 12″ tall with very narrow fronds (1″) and ball-like pinnae attached to the midrib like a string of beads. Plant in part shade to full shade.
- Banksia ericifolia Compact Form (one gallon pots) Heath Leaved Banksia – Shrub to 4 – 6′ tall and 6 – 8′ wide with 10″ orange-red bottlebrush-like flowers from fall to spring. Hardy to about 20 – 25 F.
- Berberis thunbergii ‘Orange Rocket’ (one gallon pots) Japanese Barberry – Great foliage plant for your garden because of it coral to ruby red color in full sun. Deciduous shrub to 4 – 5′ tall and 2 – 3′ wide. Hardy to -20 F
- Cordyline ‘Design-A-line-Burgundy’ (one gallon pots) A clump forming Cordyline to 3 tall and wide with burgundy weeping foliage. Plant in full sun near the coast to part shade inland. Hardy to 15 – 20 F.
- Cyperus papyrus (one gallon pots) Papyrus – A clumping aquatic plant to 10 – 15′ tall. Plant in up to 12″ of water or in moist soil. Hardy to 20 – 25 F.
- Cyperus papyrus ‘Little Tut’ (one gallon pots) Dwarf Papyrus – A dwarf clumping plant to 4 – 6′ tall.
- Haworthia herbacea (4″ pots) – Small clustering succulent to about 3″ with margins covered with white spines. Best in bright shade, but can take part sun. Soil should be moist in summer and only water when completely dry in winter. Protect from frost in winter.
- Haworthia limifolia (4″ pots) – File leafed Haworthia – Small clustering succulent to about 4 – 5″ with raised ridges on leaf that resemble a course file. Best in bright shade, but can take part sun. Soil should be moist in summer and only water when completely dry in winter. Protect from frost in winter.
- Leucadendron discolor ‘Pom Pom’ (one gallon pots) – Shrub to 7′ tall and 5′ wide with bright red pollen cones surrounded by white bracts. Plant in full sun in well draining soil. Mulch. Hardy to about 20 F.
- Mahonia eurybractea ‘Soft Caress’ (one gallon pots) A 3′ tall and wide evergreen shrub with yellow flowers from fall to spring. Plant in part shade. Hardy to 5 F and low water needs once established.
- Mahonia gracilipes (5 gallon pots) – A shrub to 4 – 5′ tall with a waxy white underleaf and pink orange flowers in late fall followed by fruit. Plant in part sun to bright shade. Average to moist water needs.
- Origanum Kirgami (Quart pots) Ornamental Oregano – A trailing non-culinary oregano with attractive purple flower bracts to 10″ tall and 14′ wide.
- Polystichum setiferum Divisilobium Group (4″ pots) – Soft Shield Fern – An evergreen fern to 1- 3′ for part shade to shade and average to moist watering.
- Pteris cretica Wimsettii (4″ pots) Cretan Brake Fern – Evergreen fern to 1 – 2′. Hardy to 20 – 25 F.
- Russellia x ‘St Elmo’s Fire’ (Quart pots) – Coral Fountain or Firecracker Plant to 4 – 6′ tall and 6 – 8′ wide for full to part sun. Red 1.5″ flowers from spring till fall much loved by hummingbirds. Hardy to 20 – 25 F.
A few photos from around Peacock Horticultural Nursery this afternoon between light showers. Blooming now tin the nursery:FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
A few photos from around the nursery today:FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER