New plants this week @ Peacock Horticultural Nursery in Sebastopol, CA include:
- Acacia iteaphylla – Willow Wattle – Small tree to 10 – 13′ with low water needs. Yellow flowers in Spring and hardy to 20 F.
- Acacia redolens ‘Low Boy’ – Prostate Acacia – Low growing shrub (1-2′ high x 10 – 15 wide) with low water needs. Small vanilla scented yellow flowers in Spring. Hardy to 10 – 15 F
- Agave bracteosa ‘Monterey Frost’ – Frosted Candelabrum Agave – A variegated form with white margins to 1′ high x 1.5′ wide. Plant in part sun and protect when temps. drop below 20 F.
- Agave ‘Filigree’ – Filigree Sierra Mixteca Agave – A small agave (1-2′ high x 2-3′ wide) with gray white leaf margins. Hardy to 20 F, or possibly lower. Low water needs. Possibly a hybrid of A. titanota?
- Agave gentryi ‘Jaws’ – A very hardy Agave to about 4′ high and 6′ wide. Plant in full Sun at the coast to part sun inland. Hardy to 5 F.
- Agave ‘Parracolorata’ – A cross of A. parrasana x A. colorata with 2′ tall silvery-gray leaves with nice leaf imprints. Very low water needs and hardy to possibly 15 F.
- Asclepias speciosa – Showy Milkweed – Plant this 3′ and spreading native for your monarch butterflies and hummingbirds. Very hardy and drought tolerant.
- Combretum fruticosum – Orange Flame Vine – A vine to 12 – 20′ with support. Flowers from summer to fall with yellow toothbrush-like flowers, turning orange with age. Hardy and evergreen to 26 F, but can tolerate temps down to 20 F or lower with some damage.
- Dichondra sericea – Silverleaf Ponysfoot – Groundcover with silver gray leaves. Hardy to 10 F. Great for hanging over the edge of a pot!
- Echeveria agavoides ‘Lipstick’ – A succulent to 6″ high and 8 – 12″ wide. Green leaves with red edges. Hardy to 15 – 20 F.
- Echium wildpretii – Tower of Jewels – Biennial with silver gray leaves blooming the second season to 5 – 6′ with dark pink flowers. Hardy to 20 – 25 F.
- Grevillea ‘Peaches and Cream’ – A shrub to 4 – 6′ tall and wide with multicolored flowers in shades of yellow, pink and orange. Hardy to about 23 F.
- Leucospermum ‘Brandi Dela Cruz’ – Brandi Sky-rocket Pincushion – Shrub to 7′ with bright orange pincushion flowers. Plant in full sun with drained soil and mulch heavily. These plants prefer an acidic soil. Fertilize with a slow release fertilizer very low in phosphorus , but also containing trace elements.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER