Here are some of the new plant arrivals at Peacock Horticultural Nursery this month.
- Agave ‘Blue Glow’ – Beautiful small Agave with blue-green leaves with a red margin. Now available in quart pots!
- Albuca juncifolia(Rush-leaved Albuca) – South African bulb with round leaves like a rush and greenish-yellow flowers in late spring.
- Cordyline ‘Renegade’ (Renegade Cordyline) -This is a beautiful new clumping Cordyline with very wide black-purple foliage to 2 – 3′, and fragrant flowers in summer. Now available in 2 gallons.
- Furcraea foetida ‘Mediopicta Sport’ (Variegated Furcraea) – This is a sport of Furcraea ‘Mediopicta’ and has wide green leaves to 4 – 5′ with a narrow yellow band in the center of each leaf. Hardy to USDA zone 9b (25 F). These monocarpic plants produce an inflorescence that can reach 25′ with many greenish-white flowers. Many plantlets will form on the inflorescence as the basal plant dies.
- Remusatia vivipara
- Yucca ‘Bright Star’(Bright Star Yucca) – This is a beautiful new slow growing Variegated Yucca. The wide leaves have deep yellow margins. The ultimate size of this Yucca has not been determined yet.
- Urginia maritima syn: Drimia maritima (Sea Squill) – A large summer dormant bulb with blue-green leaves emerging in the fall after blooming. In summer, 3 – 4′ stalks rise with many white flowers with yellow centers. Hardy to 20 – 25 F, but best when protected from frost. Gophers do not eat this bulb! Huge 30 year old blooming bulbs available in 3 gallon pots, as well as, younger one gallon or 4″ pots available.
- Zephyranthes ‘Labuffarosea’ (Labuffarosea Rain Lily) – Bulb native to Mexico that has pink flowers from late summer through fall.